Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Activity 11. Create a listening activity

This listening activity is for students with Intermediate English level. The teacher has chosen a famous song according to students’ interests.

WARM UP

Exercise 1. Have you ever seen the film Titanic? What is the plot?

Exercise 2. Curiosities of the film. In groups of four students, answer these questions linked to the film in order to know how much you know about it.

-Where was Titanic built? Belfast

-When was the film broadcasted? In 1997

-What are the main actor and actress? Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet

-What is the director of the film? James Cameron

-When did the Titanic sink? 15th April in 1912

MAIN ACTIVITY

Exercise 3. Fill the gaps with the missing verbs. Most of the verbs are in present simple.





Every night in my dreams,
I ____ you,
I ____ you,
That is how I ____ you, go on.
Far across the distance,
And spaces between us,
You ____ come to show you, go on.

Near, far,
Wherever you are,
I ______ that the heart____, go on.
Once more, you ____ the door,
And you're here in my heart,
And my heart will go on and on.

Love can _____ us one time,
And last for lifetime,
And never let go till we're_____.
Love ___ when I loved you,
On true time to hold on to,
In my life we'll ____ go on.

Near, far,
Wherever you___,
I believe that the heart does go on.
Once more, you opened the door,
And you're here in my heart,
And my heart will go on and on.

You're here, there's nothing I ____,
And I know that my heart will go on.
We'll ____, for ever this way,
You're safe in my heart.
And my heart will go on and on.

CONSOLIDATION

Exercise 4. Match the present simple forms of each verb with their past simple forms.

See

Was/Were

Feel

Opened

Know

Believed

Have

Feared

Believe

Touched

Do/Does

Stayed

Open

Had

Touch

Knew

Go

Felt

Be

Saw

Fear

Went

Stay

Did

No comments:

Post a Comment