Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Activity 11: Design a listening activity

Listening Activity
Level: Elementary or Pre-Intermediate level.

Age: Kids up to 12 years old.

Warm up:
The teacher would ask their students if they know any Fairy Tale and ask them which is their favorite. Them, he'd show them the opening scene of Disney's 'Tangled' and ask them to explain Rapunzel's basic storyline to the class.

Main Activity:
Students would be asked to complete the missing verbs (-ing forms) from the movie's main song 'I see the light'. The audio would be listened three times.




All those days ________ from the windows
All those years outside ________ in
All that time never even ________
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here, ________ in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
________ here, it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

-CHORUS-
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

All those days ________ down a daydream
All those years ________ in a blur
All that time never truly ________
Things, the way they were
Now she's here ________ in the starlight
Now she's here, suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

-CHORUS-

Follow up:
As a consolidation exercise students would be presented with an activity in which they'll have to choose between the gerund and simple present forms of the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences.

We go ______ [to swim] every week.
Let it ______ [to be].
He dreams of ______ [to become] an actor.
They enjoy ______ [to cycle].
It is not easy ______ [to find] good friends.
My friend is afraid of ______ [to fly].
Jane is good at ______ [to read].
He wanted ______ [to buy] a new videogame.
I'm crazy about ______ [to dance].
You must ______ [to come] to my party.

As homework, the teacher could ask their students to watch the whole film in English. Since they've probably seen it in Spanish already this would help them to concentrate more on listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment